Keresés ebben a blogban

2015. augusztus 18., kedd

Artifakts - Spilled Coffee: A Beat Tape (2015)

Long time no write on this blog, sorry for the one-month-long break. I got some other stuff at work, but everything is fine. So now I chose a music which reflect my recent calm state. It is hiphop, and its producer is called Artifakts. He is from Milwaukee (US), and makes cool beats. It is so simple.

If you like my recommendation, just start playing his SoundCloud stream and you won't regret it.

Actually, I have a video project where I used one of his tracks called Best I can. So fucking great and catchy hiphop tune. Even those my friends, who doesn't prefer hiphop said this tune is very fine.



So, first comes the self promotion, check the trailer of my project here :)


But get back to the music! Artifakts just released his EP called Spilled Coffee about 10 days ago.




This is an essential hiphop beat tape. Because of the fact that this is a beat tape, his tracks are very short, just presenting some themes and ideas about music, but I am sure you won't be bored. I mean I just switch this EP on repeat and could listen to it for hours. Wake up uses some samples from a movie I guess and you will know Artifakts is not fucking with you when it comes to music. The Pour is more intensive, while it has this awesome dubbed instrumentals which makes you feel the downtempo too. Fresh Cup is a dreamy tune, and The Spill can fit soundtracks of movies too - it uses some voices but it is distorted so much it sounds like a trumpet, if I am not mistaken. Great idea! Re-Brew is very close to German beatmakers, the clinging piano is a very popular choice, and it works here as well. This is one of my favourite beat, so bad that it is not even two minutes long. Start your day is more suspicious, it reminds me some movies from the 80s with cops: like they are investigating some crime and driving around the city of San Francisco. The Comedown uses Nancy Sinatra's Bang Bang, a very clever usage of this sample.

If you like Artifakts, follow him on social sites (Facebook, SoundCloud) and support him by sharing or buying his music or just go to his gigs if you have any chance.

Jefe

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése