Keresés ebben a blogban

2015. március 5., csütörtök

Eskmo - SOL (2015)

I know I already recommended Eskmo's new album on the Facebook page but I wanted to write my opinion down. This album deserves it. :D When we started the blog with Tom in 2011 we shared a flat and I listened to the music Tom chose in the player. Eskmo was something I couldn't put into any boxes of my taste. You may say it is a fortunate thing because this music is so unique it deserves its own label in your head. But if you can't connect a music to others, and you stop listen to it, no other music will evoke it again. Sometimes uniqueness just sucks.


So last weekend I searched for Eskmo because I haven't listen to him and haven't heard any news of him for ages. I found that he released his album SOL in the beginning of March. Eskmo's latest album is so unique I hope I won't forget it. Just like in his same titled album (Eskmo) this time I prefer those tracks again that have vocals (Blue and Gray, Mind of War, Feed Fire, The Sun is a Drum, Can't Taste).
The whole album is a travel - it is not a coincidence because SOL was inspired by Eskmo's travels in Egypt, Costa Rica and in the US (Yosemite). As it is written on his website:
"If that sounds ambitious, that's because it is. SOL is a widescreen experience, full of diluted beats that leave acres of space for the trickle of field recordings and weaving of string sections and piano tinkering. "

So if you like it, follow this good guy on any social sites (Facebook, SoundCloud), go to his gigs and support him by ordering his white vinyl.



Jefe

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése