Keresés ebben a blogban

2015. március 24., kedd

Grime playlist

I collected some of my favourite grime tunes in a Spotify playlist. I don't want to introduce grime genre in a long article, here you can read more about it.

In the playlist there are some old school grimers who just made this genre (e.g. Wiley, Dizzee Rascal) and some lessly known artists. If you like grime check these musicians or tune on SB TV on YouTube. It is like a spawning pool for the latest UK grime artist. As I wrote Wiley just made this genre and he releases album almost every year. (His album called 100% publishing is a masterpiece.) At the beginning he called this music Eski-beat after his nickname. Anything that guy touches becomes gold. Terror Danjah is more than grime, his track I'm Feelin U is a 2-step beat while Minimal Dub is some future dub or I don't know what definition I can use for it. Lynx & Seed has a very fat beat with characteristic ragga vocals. Dizzee Rascal is as well-known as Wiley, the Bassline Junkie is like a mainstream grime, quite opposite of Terror Danjah. True Tiger is a group who uses classical hindi music as a sample, try it, it is worth the time. Meridian Dan's German Whip has a very simple vocal but it is still catchy. Foreign Beggars used to be one of my favourite grime artists - for a few tracks, they are just too much after 15 minutes. Dels is quite odd in this playlist. His music is lyrical and more sophisticated but I think it still fits the grime genre - after all here is Dizzee's "dance-grime" tune too. If you like Dels, you can read about him on the blog here.

So prepare for some heavy beats, grimy vocals and listen in peace:



Jefe

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése