Keresés ebben a blogban

2015. március 3., kedd

Romare - Projections (2015)

The first time a listened to Romare's music was a few weeks ago when I got Ninja Tune's newsletter. Nowadays I usually don't read newsletters - not even listen to the music they contain. But this time I was lucky otherwise now I would terrible miss Romare. This guy made a very great debut at Ninja Tune. His music is close to Max Graef, Bonobo, Seven Davies Jr., psychedelic music from the 70s and blues.
If you like creative music (buzzword :P) you must taste Romare's album: Projections!



Projections is very repetitive and it is simple in a very good way. When I say repetitive I don't mean house music only (Rainbow or Roots which refers the classical Detroit house scenes) but the looping of blues songs (e.g. Motherless Child, The Drifter). And when I say simple I mean Romare doesn't use too many instruments. His music is very clear and easy to understand. As I told it is simple meanwhile it is very rich, full of emotions.
I like very much that lack of samples and instruments. You can listen to the whole album and learn a lot from its tracks. You can understand the structure of melody and rhythm, you can feel how it develops or how it is heading to its end after the peak. I couldn't pick up my favourites from the album because every track has a reason why you can love it and why you'll select the Repeat option on your player. Romare, this album is 10/10, thank you!

If you like Romare, follow him on SoundCloud, Facebook or order his music (prefer vinyl!).



Jefe

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése